Well It's Been a Year...

Friends of MicroTForum

Moderator: ScheerDesign

Well It's Been a Year...

Postby Scheer » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:28 pm

But I'm finally getting back into it.

About a year ago my fiance and I started looking at houses, then in May we finally found one... Got married in September, and then I started a new job in November. I'm no longer traveling for work, so in a short two months I've caught up on almost everything I've been attempting to do for nearly a year!

This means I finally have a bit of free time, so I've began re-assembling the CNC machine at my house in my man cave of a garage. I just started on it a few days ago, so it will be a few weeks before it is fully functional. I just wanted to drop in a say hi to everyone and show-off my man cave. :D

PM or Email me for any questions or comments on my products! scheer@blackstarhobbies.com (Emails will be responded to much quicker!)
Scheer
MTF Elite

Re: Well It's Been a Year...

Postby accmt » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:51 pm

Welcome back Scheer
accmt
Site Admin

Postby TyHodge07 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:05 pm

Yes, welcome back and nice setup. Looks warm in there. And congrats on the past year with your personal life. Sounds on track.
Ty's Build Blog | Losi Micro Info - Anything Losi Micro Related!
TyHodge07

Postby kevinhayden » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:56 am

Congrats on your life accomplishments in the past year and welcome back to the forum. In case you didn't know your chassis seems to be in high demand. Lol
kevinhayden

Postby Rabiddavid » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:26 pm

Welcome back, and I am damn jealous of your manlab!
Rabiddavid

Postby tokin » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:33 pm

2014s going to be a great micro rc year :banana:
turn off the tv!!
tokin
Forum Addict

Postby joeyblaze » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:07 pm

great to have you back bro.... u were missed...

it does seem 2014 is looking up for MTF..... alot of old schoolers are coming back, makes me happy
joeyblaze
Site Admin

Postby FrYakaTKoP » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:29 pm

nice lab :hammer:

see a TB6560 driver board, did you see the "how i fixed my tb6560" thread, those boards may have problem with there max step frequency. I can't go higher than 32khz with my board without loosing steps, but on the beltdriven design of the shapeoko still can do 800 mm/min rapids (about 65 steps/mm resolution).

joeyblaze wrote: u were missed...y
* 100 * x2 (even no activity on my side too)

Stay Micro, bro
Computers are like air conditioners, they stop working properly if you open Windows.
---
MTF Video Topic ¦ Youtube Channel
FrYakaTKoP
MTF Elite

Postby howgudami » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:16 am

joeyblaze wrote:great to have you back bro.... u were missed...

it does seem 2014 is looking up for MTF..... alot of old schoolers are coming back, makes me happy

I certainly hope 2014 will bring good things!.

I am looking to possibly get back in one way or another (not sure what to build yet)... 4 years older! 4 years wiser! bigger budget! bigger skills! same love for micros.

Will you be making any parts this year Scheer?
EDIT: Sadly, I am no longer a 1%er due to a few years of inactivity.
howgudami
MTF Elite

Postby tokin » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:04 pm

oh how i wish i had 2 or 3 sheer carbon chassis to fit all my electronics on!

:twisted:
turn off the tv!!
tokin
Forum Addict

Postby Dialed_In » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:51 pm

Would delrin work for you? http://www.matsucarsrc.com/

He also sells on ebay.
Dialed_In

Postby joeyblaze » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:54 am

is he gone all ready ?
joeyblaze
Site Admin

Postby Scheer » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:56 pm

joeyblaze wrote:is he gone all ready ?

Nope, just being a ninja. Time flies, and houses are a lot of work haha.

Sometime around March I finally had the CNC assembled and adjusted, and halfway thru my first cut one of the drivers on the controller caught on fire... I bought a new controller and upgraded my computer. Then had issues with Windows 8.1 64bit and Mach3 as the parallel port doesn't work with it. The weather was nice again so I was caught up doing work on the house, then a few months ago I had time to work on my side projects, picked up an ethernet smoothstepper and made some cuts.

So in a nutshell, after nearly two years the machine is finally up and running.

The weather has been nice here lately, so I have some drywall work to finish up in the wife's garage, finish wiring in networking to all the rooms, and have to swap all of the electrical over to a new breaker panel and I'll be able to take a break from house work for a few months. This is the tentative plan at least, if I've learned anything recently it is that my plans don't usually work out how I want them to lol.

I ordered some sheets of carbon fiber and have it sitting on the machine so when I get some time I'll get a few cut and likely do a small give-a-way or something as an apology for how long its taken to get back up and running. I'll work on getting back in contact with Jonathan here in the next few weeks and see about getting something organized.

I've still been working part time at my old job and have made a few good connections due to it, I have a local guy with an extremely large laser cutter who will cut aluminum sheets for me for a very reasonable price. We were using it to cut 1.5" thick steel plate, its pretty awesome. On top of that my little brother has been going to college for a degree in tool and die and should be able to teach me a lot of more advanced machining, so there will hopefully be some exciting things coming up. Lastly, one of my good high school friends is finally finished with college and has a good job, so he is saving up for a CNC machine and I'll be able to have him help out with both manufacturing and new product design.

PM or Email me for any questions or comments on my products! scheer@blackstarhobbies.com (Emails will be responded to much quicker!)
Scheer
MTF Elite

Postby Dialed_In » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:11 am

Good to hear from you again Scheer! Congrats on getting married.
Dialed_In

Return to Scheer Design