Trail Trekker Discontinued?

Post your questions, news, reviews, and talk about the Micro Rock Crawler.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Trail Trekker Discontinued?

Postby raminator08 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:10 pm

I noticed on the Losi website that they do not have the Trail Trekkers under the products section and also on the Horizon website, they have the Trail Trekker marked as discontinued. Anyone know why they are doing this and whether they will have a replacement micro crawler? I was really disappointed when I found out they discontinued the Micro Crawler and now it looks like the Trail Trekker is gone too. Also, unrelated to the 1/24 crawler section, I noticed the Micro Ts were gone as well leaving just the Desert Trucks.
raminator08
Noob

Re: Trail Trekker Discontinued?

Postby Andy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:49 am

Wow I hadn't noticed. Can you still buy new ones from them?
On a side note- Rc4wd is about to release a scale truck/ crawler. The body is 1/18 for more scale looks but wheels, tires, and all drivetrain parts are 1/24 size. Cast metal axles and transmission...mmmmmm.... And only for $65 more than the Trekker commonly sells for. I can't wait to get my hands on one! I hope this causes Losi to tweak the trekker and re-release it.

http://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-118-Geland ... _4914.html
Andy
Forum Addict

Postby Dialed_In » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:22 pm

Yes, it has been discontinued.

There is a new ECX 1/24 crawler. http://www.horizonhobby.com/SearchDispl ... reId=10151

ECX seems to be replacing losi micro line. Horizon Hobby was sold not too long ago and I guess they wanted to take a different direction.
Dialed_In

Postby Andy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:48 pm

Wow the trekker isn't listed on horizon hobby's website and won't come up in a search! Dang
Andy
Forum Addict

Postby raminator08 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:31 am

I really hope ECX isn't replacing the Losi micro line. I do like some of the ECX products but the quality just isn't there compared to Losi. I just hope there will be a suitable replacement from Losi.
raminator08
Noob

Postby Dialed_In » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:03 pm

Andy wrote:Wow the trekker isn't listed on horizon hobby's website and won't come up in a search! Dang

Horizon's search sucks. You have to work your way to Cars and Trucks - All Cars and Trucks - Electric Cars and Trucks - 1/24th scale and then select include discontinued to find the trekkers.
Dialed_In

Return to 1:24 Crawler-General